X-Ray SHOCKS Doctors After Child Complains Of AGONIZING Stomach Pain

Doctors were continuously prescribing painkillers to a three-year-old boy who was experiencing agonizing stomach pain for months. Parents were suspicious and thought that something had to be wrong so they decided to take their son to a local hospital for treatment. During the stay, an X-ray was made which not only discovered the agony, but what it revealed, shocked the doctors!


The boy suffered severe stomach pain for months, before his parents decided to take him to Metro Hospital in Faridabad, India. The doctors requested an X-ray to be performed on the boy’s stomach and were more than shocked to assume that the boy suffered from agonizing pain due to a clump of metal object, stuck inside his stomach.

Head of Laparoscopic Surgery Dr. Brahm Datt Pathak immediately rushed the young boy into surgery, where the shocking discoveries continued. Inside the boy, the doctor found 29 magnets, a battery, and a coin in his gut, after he had swallowed objects lying around his house, according to Daily Mail.

The ball of metal was stuck in the boy’s stomach.


“There were 29 magnets in total which is very unusual,” Pathak admitted. “It seems he’d been swallowing these objects for over a year. I would even say it had become a habit for him.”

The ingested magnets had stuck together and created a huge magnetic ball inside the boy’s stomach. This caused him severe pain and damaged the insides at the same time. “It was an extremely complicated case. The baby’s gut was completely damaged due to the amount of magnets in his stomach,” explained Pathak.

The complicated surgery in order to remove this objects, lasted grueling three hours! The fact that this family ran a jewelry box making business from their home, explains how this unusual object get into the boy’s stomach.


Most of the objects were taken out of his stomach.

“If the pieces had been small enough, they would have passed through him naturally in his excretion process, but these objects were just too large and his case needed special attention,” Pathak added. “I’m sure the boy had been in pain for a long time, it’s sad his condition had not been picked up sooner.”

The boy stayed in the hospital for a few days, and then he was discharged. Now he is resting at home, and his family is being more careful with their jewelry box making materials.

If you have young children, it’s imperative that you take the proper precautions to ensure their safety. They like to get into anything and everything – including junk that is left on the floor. So, the moral to this story is to childproof your home — it’s better to be safe than sorry.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *