You’ll be shocked when we tell you that a teenager has died after a love bite from his girlfriend caused a blood clot that quickly led to a stroke. Julio Macias Gonzalez, a 17-year-old from Mexico City, raised alarm among his family when he began convulsing at the dinner table. This is how the story goes – it is thought his girlfriend gave him a hickey earlier that evening which caused a blood clot that travelled to the teen’s brain. Well, the doctors were called to the scene but Julio could not be saved and died shortly after. It is believed the suction from the love bite was the cause of the clot which travelled to his brain, triggering a stroke .
Unfortunately, the young man’s family is blaming his 24-year-old girlfriend for his death but she has now disappeared. It is not the first time a love bite has been believed to have triggered a reaction. Yes, you should know that a few years ago, a 44-year-old woman in New Zealand lost movement in her left arm after having a stroke. On noticing a faded love bite, doctors quickly realized damage to a major artery in her neck and linked it to her paralysis
What happened – well, the suction had caused a blood clot to form which then travelled to the woman’s heart, causing a stroke. The experts say that love bites or hickeys are caused by a person sucking on an area of another person’s skin, more commonly the neck. The suction causes blood vessels under the skin to burst which causes bruising that can last up to two weeks. And, apart from the dangers of blood clots and fatal strokes, hickeys can cause swelling which can be treated with an ice-pack. Often people hide the bruises under make-up, scarf’s or polo neck sweaters.
You might help someone in need, so don’t forget to share this with your friends and family on Facebook!